Thermobar Warm Edge Spacer tube has a thermal conductivity value of 0.14W/mK on a 15.5mm airspace - with or without its gas barrier tape. This is the value as per IFT-Rosenheim physical testing (this includes desiccant and PIB). There is a Bundesverband Flachglas (BF) Data Sheet downloadable on the BF website certifying this figure. Please note that you'll also find a data sheet for Facades hosted on the BF site.
This is currently the highest performing structurally reinforced spacer tube on the market. We are proud to have manufactured our own British-made product which tops the charts against other imported warm edge spacer tubes.
In the past few years, Thermoseal Group has invested over £5 million in manufacturing warm edge spacers. Much of this has been invested in setting up our innovation centre, equipment and developing our warm edge product ranges. Test equipment alone is worth in excess of £500K and our knowledge and expertise is growing daily. Thermobar and Thermoflex Warm Edge Spacer are the result of extensive research, development and ongoing testing. We do not do things by half!
We have been supplying to the UK insulated glass industry for over 35 years and our understanding of the window industry, in particular our customers business is second to none. Testament to this is the fact that many of our customers have been purchasing insulated glass components and glass machinery from us for over 20 years.
Thermobar warm edge spacer can be easily substituted within current WER simulations for any other warm edge spacer tube currently available on the market.
All that is required to change a spacer bar now is a letter or an e-mail to the BFRC informing them of the change in specification of spacer bar. We can even provide a template letter including contact details and the information required to do this. As long as a spacer is considered as ‘same’ or ‘better’ performance, then there will be no issue with the substitution.
The introduction of the BFRC’s Window Energy Ratings (WERs) ‘substitution’ rule has opened up the market for warm edge suppliers. The application of this rule, sometimes referred to as the ‘exchangeability’ rule was helped along by Thermoseal Group’s sales director Mark Hickox. Mark worked with customers and suppliers to ensure that highest performance spacer bars such as Thermobar can be substituted within current WERs without the requirement for window fabricators and installers to pay for expensive new WER simulations. Indeed the scheme has subsequently moved on so that sealed unit manufacturers can now own their own WER ratings and substitute high performance spacer bars, sealants and other components to suit their specific manufacturing requirements.
Thermoflex Warm Edge Spacer System is a flexible pre-desiccated elastomeric foam rubber spacer system with a unique gas/moisture barrier tape and pre-applied adhesive side tape. It is one of two warm edge spacer systems manufactured by the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of insulated glass (IG) components. Thermoflex and Thermobar warm edge spacers are both the result of Thermoseal Group’s 35-plus years of dedication to supply, and now innovation and development within the window industry.
Thermoflex is currently available in black in 20m and larger coils (also auto reels available on request). Sizes include: 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm and 20mm. A 4mm profile heritage range will shortly be available in 4mm, 6mm and 6mm widths. We are also working on a range of colours.
EN1279 does not allow the substitution of organic spacer systems for non-organic i.e you cannot switch from Aluminium or stainless steel spacer without testing as they are completely different systems. However when the standard was introduced, Super Spacer was protected by a patent so no other similar products were on the market, hence the situation of substitution did not arise. However EN1279 does allow for exchange of generic type spacers without the need for individual testing. This is subject to the manufacture providing data from a notified body to prove performance is similar to other brands of the same generic construction. The performance of Thermoflex has already been proven by BSI and TUV testing to be equivalent to Super Spacer .
As EN1279 is a self-administered standard, it is ultimately the decision of the sealed unit manufacture to decide if Thermoflex is of the required standard to be a viable substitution based on available test evidence which we already have in place.
• Thermoflex warm edge spacer is a premium elastomeric foam product offered at a price very competitive with EPDM products
• Thermoflex is the best quality flexible warm edge spacer option from your dedicated UK supplier – read on to find out all the reasons why
• Do you currently have to wait 7-10 days for your flexible warm edge spacer? You can purchase Thermoflex in any quantity from 20 metre reels to large Auto Reels in singular boxes or pallets and receive it within 3 days or less by one of Thermoseal Group’s own fleet of vehicles!
• Thermoflex can be purchased from any of Thermoseal Group’s depots and can be delivered in the UK with a wide range of other IG components with no delivery charge (minimum total order quantities apply).
• Elastomeric foam rubber spacer is superior to EPDM in terms of its better UV stability, longevity within a sealed unit with no blistering or cracking and there are no volatiles within the product.
• Thermoflex elastomeric foam has a lower thermal conductivity value than EPDM spacer derivatives.
• Thermoflex is made with a elastomeric foam rubber which is compounded by Thermoseal Group including adding the desiccant powder to guarantee the moisture absorption capacity of the product. Compounding ourselves means that we can control the content and quality of the ingredients starting from initial mixture, as well as controlling product processing, packaging and final distribution.
• Thermoflex Warm Edge Spacer is made to Thermoseal Group’s own exacting standards in terms of tolerance on the sizing of the product. Our innovative manufacturing control and processes ensures that when our spacer comes off the production line, that there is less variance in size than competitors.
Thermoflex warm edge spacer is very much the same or better than other flexible spacer systems where it matters. I.e.
• Thermoflex looks the same as other flexible spacer systems
• Thermoflex feels the same as other flexible spacer systems
• Thermoflex handles and cuts the same as other flexible spacer systems
• Thermoflex works on the same equipment as other flexible spacer systems
• Thermoflex performs the same or better than other flexible spacer systems
|Thermoseal Group Has Gone Paperless!|